Cobs, baguettes, plaits, make whatever shape you like by trying out a few original ideas as the fancy takes you!
> A variety of shapes!
- Try making a zig-zag or split loaf out of a long roll. It's so easy!
- To make a cob loaf, take a ball of dough and fold it back into itself by tucking the edges underneath.
- You can use the cob as a basis for your creativity, by devising original shapes for your loaves.
- My advice: when you are combining 2 pieces of dough, add a little oil to prevent the 2 pieces sticking together!
- Fancy making a baguette like you get from the baker's? Take a ball of dough and proceed as you would when shaping a bread roll.
- Roll out the baguette working from the centre towards the outside and repeat this operation to obtain an elongated, regular shaped baguette.
- And then why not transform it into a crown or a wheat sheaf?
> Original loaf decoration ideas!
Personalise your loaves according to taste or mood by incorporating your own choice of seeds or ingredients.
- Prepare you balls of dough in the traditional way, then roll them out on a damp cloth into the seeds of your choice: poppy, linseed, sunflower, or sesame.
- If you are a bread connoisseur, add your own choice of ingredients when kneading the dough, such as vegetables, dried fruit, herbs or lardons. Remember to chop the ingredients finely before incorporating them!
- Play around with shapes by using scissors to slash the top of the dough balls every 2 or 3 cms.. The effect will be guaranteed!
> A lovely golden crust!
In order to obtain a wonderfully crispy golden crust, the air inside your oven must be damp.
Spray the inside of your oven with water or insert a bowl of water at the same time as your loaf. This will give you a fine crust and will allow the loaf to develop properly.
So, you see, making your own bread is easy! If you follow Paneo's advice, you can amaze and delight your family and friends with some unique and tasty recipes! Now, it's over to you!